BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1125078231

From: "Nick Tullius" <>
Subject: Book 'Our Lost Children: Janissaries?'
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:44:48 -0400

Additional information from Jakob Steigerwald:

The book with the original title: 'Janitscharen? Die Kindertragödie im
Banat,' published by Eckartschriften, Vienna, Austria, was translated from
German by Eve Eckert Koehler under the title 'Our Lost Children:
Janissaries?' (87 p.). The English edition was published in 1980 by the
Danube Swabian Association of the U.S.A., Inc

The last known address of the translator is as follows: Eve E. Koehler, 1646
E. Newton Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53211 (may no longer be valid).

Copies may be available from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (where
Ms. Koehler worked), through antiquarian sources, or via Inter Library Loan.

There is a strong possibility that if listers and other Danube Swabian
descendants utilize Inter Library Loan services more often, librarians might
be more apt to add our publications to their holdings.

Regards,
Nick

This thread: