BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1125257820

From: "Dave Dreyer" <>
Subject: Re: [BANAT-L] Sending Money to Serbia
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:37:00 -0700

Ray;
I have no problem with sending currency to Germany or other West European
countries but I would never send currency to Romania, Serbia or other
Eastern European countries. In the case of Germany or France I would be
prepared to take the chance of losing anything under $100 and it has never
happened. As you know I collect funds here for family books published by
Philipp Lung's group. Our origional intent was that I would bring the money
with me when I came to Germany once a year. However, because of the amounts
involved and inconvience I ended up opening an account(it is called a
checking account but for some reason I don't have any checks but no matter).
It came with a debit card with which one can withdraw money from an ATM. I
send the card to Philipp Lung with the PIN number. So I deposit the money
into the account here and Philipp withdraws it using the card in Germany. I
am a bit bent outa shape about it at the moment because the banks have
started adding a !% additional fee because the withdrawls are in a foreign
currency. Otherwise the process appears to be working well.
Dave Dreyer