BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1125282313

From: "Rosina Schmidt" <>
Subject: Donauschwaben = Danube Swabians
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:25:13 -0700

Cindy;

Much has been written on the Danube Swabians in the recent years. Most of it in German, though. But you can find under 'history' some of the info you are looking for at www.dvhh.org/hrastovac. Other places would be to go the GOOGLE and input Danube Swabians, or , if you speak German, Donauschwaben.

Good luck;

Rosina

Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 5:59 PM
Subject: [BANAT-L] RE: Donauschwaben = Danube Swabians

Rosina,

I appreciate that you know so much. I would certainly like to have more information about the decision in 1920 to call our "tribe" Donauschwaben. Who made the decision? What makes it legal? Where can I find information about it online? One person mentioned that Banaters never made this decision, so I'm curious about who was included or excluded from this decision? This is all so interesting to me.

Thank you,

Cindy Quitta