BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1125338952

From: "Dave Dreyer" <>
Subject: Banater Schwaben/Donauschwabnen
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:09:12 -0700

As Uwe points out these idenity crisis come up on the list about every year
or two.
One does not see these discussions among Banaters in Germany----they know
who they are.
They operate under an organization with the title;
Landmannschaft der Banater Schwaben---they publish a newspaper entitled
"Banater Post"
The term Banater although perhaps not farmilier to our grandparents is
concise, and explainatory.
We can do no better than to stay on the same page as our German cousins.
Dave Dreyer