BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2005-08 > 1125346120

From: "Rosina Schmidt" <>
Subject: Banater Schwaben/Donauschwabnen
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:08:40 -0700

Right you are, Dave;

One does not see discussions among the Banaters in Germany, as the Landsmannschaft der Banater Schwaben covers ONLY the Banater Schwaben.

This forum however covers ALL Donauschwaben, including the Banater. Or are you suggesting the BANAT-L shall be reserved exclusively for the Banat's Donauschwaben?

Perhaps it is better to point to the AKdFF, of whom you and I are members also. They stand for "Arbeitskreis donauschwaaebischer Familienforscher" (Danube Swabian Family Research Circle) and as the name says cover ALL Danube Swabians.

Hmm, I thought Robert Goetz's excellent conclusion sealed the discussion nicely. But it looks like we made a 360 degree turn and are starting all over.

Greetings to all Donauschwaben on this list (Banaters included)!

Rosina