BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2007-11 > 1196020376

From: "Edward J. Lowitz" <>
Subject: [BANAT-L] Military Budapest 1st Regiment Castle/Fortress Artillery?
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 14:52:56 -0500

Hi!

I was perusing my grandfather's Marriage record from Bogaros and saw
a notation in the Observations column which I hadn't really took notice of
before. It seems to be written in a mixture of latin and german and
mentions a certificate of discharge from the 1st regiment of 'castle' or
'fortress' artillery (not sure what the correct army terms are) on 26th June
1874. It's signed by 'Popovics' 'Oberst' in Budapest on 30th June 1874.

I'm surprised that a military record would be listed in Marriage
Register. Would someone shed some light on this and point me to further
possible sources of info?

Thanks folks!

Ed.

This thread: