BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2011-04 > 1302997262

From: "Robert Evensen" <>
Subject: [BANAT-L] Familienbuch conflict
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 19:41:02 -0400

I have a problem and not sure how to solve it. For those of you who have the FB Lenauheim and FB Bogarosch, you may better understand the conflict.

In the FB Lenauheim there are records for Johann Bitto, son of Johann Bitto and Anna Christina Gerber (B628). He is born 9 Oct 1831. It says he is married to Sophia Marx 17 Nov 1856 in Neusiedel. Also in the FB Lenauheim it is recorded that Johann Bitto, son of Johann Bitto and Elisabeth Bernardt (B625) is born 31 Jan 1856. It says he is married to Maria Anna Haidi 28 Jan 1850 in Bogarosch.

When you search the FB Bogarosch, you can find the same two families, except the wives are connected to the other Johann Bitto (b309 and b310).

There is an obvious conflict. One of the FBs is correct, the other is wrong. Without seeing the actual marriage records, it is difficult to tell. I thought I writing to Dietmar Giel and Ewald Sprang, but my German is not good enough to explain the conflict.

In this case I am related to both Johann Bitto's, so I would like to get the descendants straight as to their ancestors.

Any thoughts?
Robert Evensen

This thread: