BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2011-04 > 1303055467

From: Catherine Teufel <>
Subject: [BANAT-L] Question on WWI draft and reasons for Banat immigrating
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 08:51:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kat,

     I believe the military was an issue for many who emigrated to the US. This link might be useful:  http://www.felix-game.ca/html_files/humilit.html   .  A bit of googling should bring up even more information.  You can imagine how this would affect those who farmed for a living.  I also recall that men in the military were discouraged from marrying.  The military experts on this list might be able to provide more information about this.

      Good luck with that report.

Sincerely,
Cathy Teufel O'Neill
Mercydorf Village Tree