BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2011-04 > 1303328950

From: Marilyn Senn <>
Subject: [BANAT-L] Peter Siller to America
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:49:10 -0600

Hi George Adam(s)

Thank you so much for looking up the Sillers in the Ostern Census of
1828. I know Setschan was inTorontal County. Do you know in what County
Ostern was? Or in what County Sartscha was? Was Ostern far from Setschan
and Sartscha?

My husband's grandfather Peter Siller b. 1876, married Katherine Rech in
1903 at Setschan. They took the ship Cassel at Bremen, and arrived at
Baltimore, Maryland, USA on 05 May 1903. Eventually they went to Hettinger
County, North Dakota, USA and finalized their Land Grant (Homestead) in
1909. Peter farmed that land until his death 27 April 1929. Peter &
Katherine had 10 children, with 7 living to adulthood, including my
husband's mother, Mary. Today there is one surviving child, Magdalena
(Lena) who is in North Dakota and 92 years old.

Is it possible to scan or send me the vitals of the 6 Sillers you let me
know were in Ostern in 1828? I would like to see if any of them was a
grandfather to Peter; which would make him a father to Anton Siller
(Pater's father) born abt 1838, in Ostern and died in 1876 in Sartscha.

Marilyn Senn

This thread: