BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2011-04 > 1303863458

From: Karen Dalton Preston <>
Subject: Re: [BANAT-L] Travel inquiry
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:17:38 -0700

Hi Peggy,

Glenn Schwartz, of the Zichydorf Association has organized trips to the Banat. The itinerary is organized based on the interests of those who sign-up for the tour. He is a private individual, not a tour operator, so these are not regularly scheduled. You might email Glenn at -- , to see when/if he has another trip planned.

Best regards,
--Karen

On Apr 26, 2011, at 4:14 PM, Peggy wrote:

> Hello Listers,
>
> Does anybody on this list know of Banat type tours? Perhaps ones that
> are flexible to allow one to break off and visit villages and explore some.
>
> I have a small amount of traveling experience, but not enough to feel
> confident enough to travel to Romania/Serbia alone.
>
> I would love to see the house where my grandfather was born. . . the
> places he used to play. Perhaps find new information while there?
>
> My grandfather's paternal side of the family comes from (St. Hubert)
> Banatsko Veliko Selo, Serbia.
> And the maternal side from (Gyertamos) Gertianosch, Romania.
>
> Anyone interested in looking further with me?
> Anyone know a direction that we can look into for information for
> something like this?
>
> Just a dream for now. Wondering if it can grow. . . .
>
> Peggy

This thread: