BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2011-04 > 1303922268

From: Evelyn Ziegler <>
Subject: Re: [BANAT-L] BANAT Digest, Vol 6, Issue 115
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 12:37:48 -0400
References: <mailman.587.1303887676.15342.banat@rootsweb.com><002301cc04f6$beb57250$3c2056f0$@net>
In-Reply-To: <002301cc04f6$beb57250$3c2056f0$@net>

I am also a donauschwab and I bought a house in ravno selo and it is
available to rent. FYI. Evelyn ziegler

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 27, 2011, at 12:18 PM, "Roy W Shiflet" <>
wrote:

> Hi Peggy,
> You should definitely go. I have been to Serbia and Romania and plan
> on
> going again this June. It is so rewarding to see the towns and walk
> the
> streets where your ancestors were born and lived. If you are lucky
> you may
> find a tombstone.
> My guide for both trips is Stasa Cvetkovic
> I highly recommend him. I will be going to Kudritz, Deutsche-Zerne,
> Hatzfeld, Molidorf, and the surrounding areas. I will be happy to
> photos with you and anyone else when I return.
> Roy Shiflet
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [mailto:]
> On
> Behalf Of
> Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:01 AM
> Subject: BANAT Digest, Vol 6, Issue 115
> Today's Topics:
> 1. Travel inquiry (Peggy)
> 2. Re: Travel inquiry (Karen Dalton Preston)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:14:24 -0500
> From: Peggy <>
> Subject: [BANAT-L] Travel inquiry
> To: DVHH Mailing List <>, Banat
> Mailing list <>
> Message-ID: <>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
> Hello Listers,
> Does anybody on this list know of Banat type tours? Perhaps ones that
> are flexible to allow one to break off and visit villages and
> explore some.
> I have a small amount of traveling experience, but not enough to feel
> confident enough to travel to Romania/Serbia alone.
> I would love to see the house where my grandfather was born. . . the
> places he used to play. Perhaps find new information while there?
> My grandfather's paternal side of the family comes from (St. Hubert)
> Banatsko Veliko Selo, Serbia.
> And the maternal side from (Gyertamos) Gertianosch, Romania.
> Anyone interested in looking further with me?
> Anyone know a direction that we can look into for information for
> something like this?
> Just a dream for now. Wondering if it can grow. . . .
> Peggy
> ------------------------------
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:17:38 -0700
> From: Karen Dalton Preston <>
> Subject: Re: [BANAT-L] Travel inquiry
> To: Peggy <>
> Cc: Banat Mailing list <>, DVHH Mailing List
> <>
> Message-ID: <>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> Hi Peggy,
> Glenn Schwartz, of the Zichydorf Association has organized trips to
> the
> Banat. The itinerary is organized based on the interests of those who
> sign-up for the tour. He is a private individual, not a tour
> operator, so
> these are not regularly scheduled. You might email Glenn at --
> , to see when/if he has another trip planned.
> Best regards,
> --Karen
> On Apr 26, 2011, at 4:14 PM, Peggy wrote:
>> Hello Listers,
>> Does anybody on this list know of Banat type tours? Perhaps ones that
>> are flexible to allow one to break off and visit villages and explore
> some.
>> I have a small amount of traveling experience, but not enough to feel
>> confident enough to travel to Romania/Serbia alone.
>> I would love to see the house where my grandfather was born. . . the
>> places he used to play. Perhaps find new information while there?
>> My grandfather's paternal side of the family comes from (St. Hubert)
>> Banatsko Veliko Selo, Serbia.
>> And the maternal side from (Gyertamos) Gertianosch, Romania.
>> Anyone interested in looking further with me?
>> Anyone know a direction that we can look into for information for
>> something like this?
>> Just a dream for now. Wondering if it can grow. . . .
>> Peggy
> ------------------------------
> To contact the BANAT list administrator, send an email to
> .
> To post a message to the BANAT mailing list, send an email to
> .
> __________________________________________________________
> with the word "unsubscribe" without the quotes in the subject and
> the body
> of the
> email with no additional text.
> End of BANAT Digest, Vol 6, Issue 115
> *************************************
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and
> the body of the message