BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2011-07 > 1311615224

From: "Linda Bautz McKenna" <>
Subject: [BANAT-L] village abbrev. Jm ???
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:33:51 -0400

Does anyone know which village would be abbreaviated with Jm ??

Great grandmother Emilia Bautz/Pautz nee Kirschner (1st husband Petroschek or vari) lived in Kowatschi where she died in 1943. Kowatschi church records list her being born 1864 in Jm ??? I first thought of Jahrmarkt which was filial to Kowatschi (Covaci). There are Kirschners there but found no Emilie.

Any other ideas where Jm might be???

in looking at index...I see a JAM, JAMU MARE; JARMOSCH, JIMBOLIA; JOHRMARK

Any ideas and would these be close by Kowatschi/Covaci (10 km north of Temeschburg)

thanks
LInda Bautz McKenna

This thread: