BANAT-L Archives

Archiver > BANAT > 2011-07 > 1311642509

From: "Dave Dreyer" <>
Subject: Re: [BANAT-L] village abbrev. Jm ???
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:08:29 -0700

Linda,
No matter if your guys are found in Jahrmakt or not, Jm is the standard
abbreviation for Jahrmakt. From time to time one finds such notations in
death records to be in error because the person was so closely associated
with the locality, the erroneous information was fixed in the minds of those
who supplied the death locality information.
Dave Dreyer