BANDY-L Archives

Archiver > BANDY > 2001-04 > 0987528506

Subject: [BANDY] joseph bandy of bucknell
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:28:26 EDT

New subscriber here.

Has anyone any information about Joseph Bandy, active around Bucknell and
Bicester, north Oxfordshire, during 1880 to 1882, at least? He was heavily
involved in the cricket clubs at both places, and was also a dancer with the
Bucknell Morris side.

Those interested in seeing a Bandy face should go to :

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/phil.day/gpt27.htm

On the photo of the Bucknell Morris Dancers, Joseph Bandy is second from left.

I have dated this photo, on strong evidence, to May 1882. Bandy appears to be
forty at least, possibly older. he probably is not, then, the man baptised in
Bicester in 1850.

I would be delighted to hear from any relatives or persons with additional
information, and also share what I have.

Keith Chandler
Oxfordshire

This thread: