BANKSTON-L Archives

Archiver > BANKSTON > 2008-05 > 1210590937

From: "Ron & Bess Antes" <>
Subject: Re: [BANKSTON] Margaret Bankston of Texas, 1800s?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 07:15:37 -0400

Hi Meg,

Margaret (Bankston) Dasher/Dozier Mulligan was alive (in OK) in 1910, but I
can't find her in 1920... Perhaps her marriage license to her second husband
would have her parents names on it provided you can find it.

Perhaps someone knows more about Samuel O. Bankston - he may be your
Margaret's father if her birth dates were off - ditto for where you think
she wa born. He was the only Bankston in Navarro County in 1870 and the 1860
Alabama census lists him with a daughter named Margaret L. Bankston age 2.
This would make her closer to her husband Richard's age...

Bess

1860 Census
Samuel O Bankston 36 born TN
Elizabeth Bankston 34
Honett e Bankston 10
W M Bankston 9
Dorcus S Bankston 7
Mary M Bankston 5
Margret L Bankston 2
Next Family:
Name: Margret Bankston
Age in 1860: 28
Birth Year: abt 1832
Birthplace: Tennessee
Home in 1860: District 3, Cherokee, Alabama
Gender: Female
Post Office: Blue Pond
Value of real estate: View Image
Household Members: Name Age
Margret Bankston 28
Sarah Bankston 27
William Bankston 24
Franklin Bankston 22
Andrew Bankston 19
Mary Bankston 12

Bess

1910
1910 United States Federal Census
about Cora Dasher
Name: Cora Dasher
Age in 1910: 15
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1895
Birthplace: Texas
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Birth Place: Arkansas
Mother's Name: Margaret
Mother's Birth Place: Arkansas
Home in 1910: Calvin Ward 4, Hughes, Oklahoma
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Gender: Female
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Margaret Mulligan 49 Widow. Second marriage - married for 1 year. Born TX.
had 6 kids 4 living in
1900. Parents born Alabama
Willie C Dasher 20 son Parents born Alabama
Cora Dasher 15 daughter parents born Arkansas
Katie Lee Chapman 7 grandaughter born OK, Father born US mother born TX

----------------------
1900
1900 United States Federal Census
about Dora Dasher
Name: Dora Dasher
Home in 1900: Justice Precinct 5, Navarro, Texas
Age: 12
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888
Birthplace: Texas
Relationship to head-of-house: Daughter
Father's Name: Richard P
Mother's Name: Margarett
Race: White
Household Members: Name Age
Richard P Dasher 48 1853
Margarett Dasher 30
Maggie G Dasher 19
John Dasher 17 1883
Ella Dasher 15
Dora Dasher 12 1884-1944
William Dasher 7 1893
Cora Dasher 4
-----------------

1880 United States Federal Census
about William W. Bankston
Name: William W. Bankston
Home in 1880: Brazos, Texas
Age: 15
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1865
Birthplace: Texas
Relation to Head of Household: Brother-in-law
Father's birthplace: Tennessee
Mother's birthplace: Alabama
Neighbors: View others on page
Occupation: Farm Hand
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Gender: Male
Household Members: Name Age
Richard P. Dosher 27
Margaret Dosher 18
William W. Bankston 15
------------------------------
?????????????????????????
S. Bankston was the ONLY Bankston living in Navarro COunty in 1870....
1870
1870 United States Federal Census
about Jas Bankston
Name: Jas Bankston
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1857
Age in 1870: 13
Birthplace: Texas
Home in 1870: Beat 5, Navarro, Texas
Race: White
Gender: Male
Value of real estate: View Image
Household Members: Name Age
S Bankston 45
Sam Bankston 15
Jas Bankston 13
H Bankston 11
Dola Bankston 10
Wm Bankston 8
-------------------
Could this Margaret be yours? Born 1857 instead of 1863?
1860
Name: Samuel O Bankston
Age in 1860: 36
Birth Year: abt 1824
[...]
--------------------
1850
Name: Samuel Bankston
Age: 24
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1826
Birth Place: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Home in 1850(City,County,State): District 26, Cherokee, Alabama
Household Members: Name Age
Samuel Bankston 24
Elizabeth Bankston 23
Harriet E Bankston 5/12