BANKSTON-L Archives

Archiver > BANKSTON > 2008-05 > 1210654556

From: "Barbara Wescott" <>
Subject: Re: [BANKSTON] Connecting Margaret BANKSTON to Micajah BANKSTONinTexas
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 21:55:56 -0700

Myra, are you still your chapters registrar. I am in California. Our
chapter is growing and we are having fun. Have you ever gone to Nat in DC?
Maybe next time we could go together if we are able and be Bankston
cousins. smile. I went a few years ago, and had a more fun going on
tours...than the house. Linda Calvin is a friend of mine. She still lives
in Visala Ca raising fruits and nuts on the farm her parents owned. My
folks were in Chowchilla. I have pretty much my side of the Bankston
complete. But always a birth or death to deal with. My mother was killed
in a car accident in 2001. I am doing a supplemental on her Texas
Cashions. My Bankston were Thomas H and Daniel C Bankston, Floyd Bankston,
William Lee Bankston, and my dad Johnny "Earl" Bankston. So I am pretty
positive that my line goes back to Andre~ in 1600"s Del Ware. We traveled
to the Gloria Dei Church and I got pictures. lovely place to almost call
my home. BARBARA WESCOTT

Bankston
> and Sarah [with 4 of their children] is the 1860 Red River County, TX
one.
> They married in that county 29 August 1852, so in 1850 census he is with
his
> parents (James and "Vicy") in Red River Co. TX.
> By 1870 evidently Micajah Bankston is dead and Sarah is the "S" (with
wrong
> age) in Navarro County, TX. By 1880, your Margaret is married to Richard
P.
> Dasher and is that enumeration with him and her younger brother, William
W.