BANTICK-L Archives

Archiver > BANTICK > 2005-10 > 1129066590

From: Monique Jones <>
Subject: Re: Henry Bantock - Grimsby Branch of the family
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:36:30 +1300

Hi Deb
I have most of the Bantock family tree for this line

Here is a wee bit of what i have and i can send you the tree going back
many more generations.

The wife of Henrys father (Henry senior) is and has been a mystery for
a long time..
however we do have all the children (I think)
Here below is some of what i have on Henry Bantock Junior..
I also recall that i have some family photos taken at Cleethorpes sent
to me a few years ago by another researcher/cousin working on this
line.. I will look them out for you this evening.
If you want the rest of this branch of the tree gong back please let me
know and i can send...
best wishes
/\/\onique

--------------
Husband: Henry BANTOCK (AKA Harry)-[22384]
Born: 1863 - Southminster, Essex, England
Died: November 1924 - Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England
Buried: 28 November 1924 - Cemetery, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England
Father: Henry BANTOCK-[22136] (1832- )
Mother: UNKNOWN-[22137] ( - )
Marriage: Sep Qtr 1886 Place: Caistor, Norfolk, England [MRIN:7351]
Events

1. He appeared on the census in 1881 in Vessel "Lily Of The
Valleys",
Great Grimsby, Lincoln, England. 1881 Census

Vessel "Lily Of The Valleys" Census Place Great Grimsby,
Lincoln, England

William Henry SMITH Other M Male 26 Grantham, Lincoln,
England Master
Edwin GROUT Other M Male 38 Barking, Essex, England Mate
Richard CURTISS Other U Male 25 Plymouth, Devon, England
Fisherman
Henry BANTOCK Other U Male 16 Bradley, Suffolk, England
Apprentice
Amos SMITH Other U Male 16 Tillingham, Suffolk, England
Apprentice

Family History Library Film 1341782 Public Records Office
Reference
RG11 Piece / Folio 3278 / 131

2. Notes: 1881.
1881 census says he was aged 16 and born Bradley, Suffolk, England
this is two years out on his birth year and place of bith is
Southminster, Essex... I presume this is him..?

3. He appeared on the census in 1901 in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire,
England.
All details of the family are taken from the 1901 census when they
were all living at Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England

==========================
Wife: Emma GOOCH Or Emma Belsom?-[22385]
Born: 1868 - Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England
Christened: - Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England
Died: Abt 29 September 1944 - Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England
Buried: 2 October 1944 - Cemetery, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England
Children

1 F Emma BANTOCK-[22391]
Born: 1889 - Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England Christened: -
Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England
2 M Henry James (Harry) BANTOCK-[22386] Born: 1891 - Caistor, Reg
Dist, Norfolk, England
3 M William Herbert BANTOCK (aka Herbert William)-[22392] Born: 1892
- Caistor, Norfolk, England
4 M Frederick (Fred) BANTOCK-[22387] Born: 1894 - Caistor, Norfolk,
England
5 M Ernest BANTOCK-[22388] Born: 1895 - Caistor, Norfolk, England
6 F Elsie Lily BANTOCK-[22389] Born: 1897 - Caistor, Norfolk, England
7 F Alice Elizabeth BANTOCK-[22390] Born: 1899 - Grimsby,
Lincolnshire, England
Christened: - Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England
8 F Ethel Frances BANTOCK-[45318] Born: 1902 - Grimsby Reg District,
England
9 M Alfred BANTOCK-[44797] Born: October 1903 - Cleethorpes,
Lincolnshire, England
Christened: - Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England
Died: December 1903 - Cemetery, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England
Buried: 7 December 1903 - Cemetery, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England
10 F Ivy Annie BANTOCK-[44796] Born: 1906 - Cleethorpes,
Lincolnshire, England
Died: 1906 - Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England
Buried: 1906 - Cemetery, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, England
11 M Albert John BANTOCK-[45342] Born: 1908 - Grimsby Reg District,
England

Burial Notes (Husband) Aged 62 years is on the NBI
=============================
These two children of theirs died at a young age..

Alfred Bantick/Bantock buried 7 Dec 1903 in Cemetery, Cleethorpes,
Lincolnshire and Ivy Annie buried Cemetery, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire
1906 aged 3 months old.

Burial Notes (Wife) Aged 76 years is on the NBI

=====================================
General Notes (Wife)

This may be her as Carlton Colville is very close to Caistor, Norfolk
and is i believe now in Norfolk... on the border of the two counties...

EMMA GOOCH Christening: 05 APR 1863 Carlton Colville, Suffolk, England
Parents: ROBERT GOOCH & SUSAN I have found no record of Emma Belsom??

Notes (Marriage)

These are the only marriages found on freebmd for a Henry Bantock and Emma-
Is this them? Maybe, but it is on the coast and Henry's occupation is
given as a Fisherman, which may account for the marriage in Caistor,
Norfolk?
Lots of fishing boats plied their trade up and down the coastline here...

More research to be done, so cannot accept this info as correct.

Marriages Sep Qtr 1886
BANTOCK Henry Caistor 7a 1026
BELSOM Emma Caistor 7a 1026
GOOCH Emma Caistor 7a 1026

--
/\/\onique Jones

Novosoft NZ
PO Box 244-66,
Royal Oak
Auckland 1103
New Zealand

Tel: +64 9 622 3322
Fax/Internet +64 9 622 1061
Mobile +64 21 035 0634 (24/7)

"I can trace my ancestry back to a protoplasmal primordial atomic globule" - Pooh-Bar in The Mikado Act 1 (W.S. Gilbert).

Researching the BANTICK & BANTOCK (& Bantoft) surname - Any/All
worldwide.
A one name study & vast family tree available. Links to almost all Bantick and Bantock families worldwide.66, 000+ Bantick & Bantock related/linked families on a database from1300's to current.