BARNETT-L Archives

Archiver > BARNETT > 1999-06 > 0929342493

From: "LaMona Phillips" <>
Subject: FW: Lauderdale County, AL
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 23:41:33 -0700

>From LaMona Phillips

Subject: Lauderdale County, AL

This is Part #1 to my Barnett: I sent out Rachel Elizabeth Barnett married
to Newton Belt a few weeks ago if anyone missed it. e-mail me at LaMona
Phillips

1830 CENSUS, Lauderdale County, AL,(northern District of AL)M-19 #1 (Sutro),
sheet 6, line 9:
A.B. Barnett, 1 male between 20-30, no female listed total 2 no slaves.

1840 CENSUS: Film No. 002333 (SLC) Lauderdale County, Northern District of
AL, page 7:
BARNETT, one male between 20-30 and one female between 15-20, total 2.

1850 CENSUS: Film No. 002347 (Salt Lake City) Fayette County, AL, page 22,
Bete 5, 16 Division, AL, 26 September 1850, dwelling 296 family 296:

A.B. BARNETT: age 46, male, blacksmith, born SC; Mary female age 46, born
VA, cannot read or write; Andrew F.,12, male born AL; James M.11, male born
AL; Sarah 9, female born AL; Silas 8, male born AL; Neton J., 6, male born
AL; Mary A., 4, female born AL. child #8 Rachel Elizabeth Barnett born
September 26, 1850 missed the census as her mother Mary? was pregnant with
Rachel.

1860 CENSUS: Family were gone.
1870 CENSUS: Film No. 545552 (Salt Lake City) White Oak Township in the
County of Franklin, State of AR, enumerated on the 21 day of August 1870, V.
109, page No. 40 line 35, Dwelling 271, family 286:
Asbury BARNETT, 65 male Farmer value of real estate $300, value of personal
estate $200, born SC, citizen of USA, Mary 62, female, white keeping house,
born GA, cannot rear or write notice her birth pl. changed as Franklin
County, AR, recorder made many mistakes. by 1880 Asbury and Mary birth place
are NC.
BARNETT, children Jasper 23, m/w at home born MS, Rachel 16, f/w born AL,
Henry, 14, m/w at home born AR, cannot read or write, James, 12, m/w at home
born AR, cannot read or write.

1880 CENSUS: 15 7 16 June 1880, Film No. 1254044 SLC.
BARNETT, Berry w/m age 70 invalid born NC
BARNETT, Mary f/w age 72 wife born NC
BARNETT, Newton w/m age 07 grandson born AR.
A.B. Barnett died 1st and Mary was recorded on the TAX list 1897, as Mrs. A.
page 15 Watalula Twp. This was the last time she was found. I have the
family Bible in my possession there is no genealogical pages as Bibles have
this part probably got lost as the Bible cover and back has been sewed with
cotton twine. Also a friend sent me a photocopy picture of A.B. & Mary?
Barnett she is holding this Bible or one that looks like it.

HOMESTEAD APPLICATION No. 1163, Land Office Clarksville Johnson County, AR.
June 19th 1868 Archiberry Barnett of Franklin County, AR, containing 39
acres $2.50 per acre.
If anyone can use this do so. LaMona

This thread: