BARNETT-L Archives

Archiver > BARNETT > 1999-06 > 0929342724

From: "LaMona Phillips" <>
Subject: My Barnetts
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 23:45:24 -0700

Rachel Elizabeth Barnett:
Rachel Elizabeth Barnett the daughter of A.B. Asbury, Archiberry and Mary?
born September 26, 1850, Fayette County, AL, married 7 February 1873, Ozark,
Franklin County, AR, to Newton Belt, born 1850 Johnson County, AR, the son
of William Belt and Matilda Campbell. Rachel Elizabeth arrived in AR, before
June 19, 1868 as her father A.B. Barnett filed for a Homestead Application
Johnson County, AR, they were recorded in 1870 Franklin County, AR, census
in White oak Twp., this is where she met my great-grandpa Newt. Belt. They
made their home at the foot of Mountain Top, in the Low Gap Community some
say away back in Cat Hollow so far that you could hear the cat's scream.
their children were.

1. Matilda Belt, born abt.. 1875, Franklin County, AR, died in ch. birth.
2. John S. Belt, born abt.. 1877, Franklin County, AR, died young.
3. Jeremiah Belt, born abt.. 1878, Franklin County, AR, died young.
4. William Albert Belt, born abt.. 1880 Franklin County, AR, died young.
5. Polly Ann, born April 3, 1884, Franklin county, AR, died 1956.
6. Drillar B. Belt born September 10, 1886, Franklin County, AR, d. 1954.
7. Louisia Belt, born March 24, 1890, Franklin County, AR, d. 1970.
8. Osie Jane Belt, born & died no date Franklin County, AR
9. Harrison "Bodie" Belt, born & died Franklin County, AR
10. Elizabeth Belt born & died Franklin County, AR

All the above children except aunt Pollie are buried in Belt Cemetery
Watalula, Franklin County, AR.
My Grandmother Louisia Belt and grandpa Arniel Lavere Cagle are buried in
family cemetery. My mother Rebeth Cagle daughter of A.L. & Louisia Belt
married Robert Lee Waldron August 24, 1931, El Reno, OK.
Those that were born in Newton Belt and Rachel Elizabeth Barnett's homeplace
were Louisia Belt, Rebeth Cagle and Mack D. Waldron; 3 generations. Newton
Belt recorded his Homestead Certificate #136455 recorded 13 June 1910, Land
Office Little Rock, AR, by the president: Wm.. H. Taft.
Rachel Elizabeth Barnett, died August 13, 1909, Franklin County, AR
Newton Belt, died November 2, 1917, Franklin County, AR
A.B. Barnett, died after 1880 and before 1897 as his wife Mary was listed as
head of household for 1897 in PP TAX list Watalula Twp. Franklin County, AR.
I have a picture of A.B. Barnett and Mary? a zerox copy and Rachel Elizabeth
Barnett Belt. I also have the A.B. Barnett Bible there are no genealogy
reference in this Bible except it is signed by A.B. Barnett stating this is
A.B. Barnetts Bible.

By: LaMona Joyce "Waldron" Phillips the dau. of Rebeth Cagle and Robert Lee
Waldron.

This thread: