BARNETT-L Archives

Archiver > BARNETT > 2002-06 > 1024578430

Subject: [BARNETT] Shadrack BARNETT GA 1800s
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:07:10 EDT

Hello,

I am looking for anyone who might know of the names of the parents of
Shadrack BARNETT and wife, Martha Ann FIELDER, from early 1800s Carrollton,
Carroll County, Georgia whose family went into Temple, Georgia. Also
interested in the siblings of Shadrack BARNETT.

And Shadrack BARNETT, born: 13 April 1826, died: 04 April 1896, buried: in
Pleasant View Baptist Church Cemetery in Carrolton, Georgia and Martha Ann
FIELDER, born: July 02, 1841, died: April 01, 1896.

This Shadrack BARNETT is thought to have earlier been the Shadrack BARNETT
who is found in Coweta, Georgia. But I have no information on him or his
parents or any ancestors before that.

Was Shadrack BARNETT from the North Carolina BARNETT family group or South
Carolina or both?

My 'family legacy' information says that his family was English and out of
Virginia to begin with before migrating further south but nothing else to go
on before Shadrack BARNETT is found in Georgia.

And I have read brief information simply recalling the names of brothers
named Shadrach, Meshack and Abednigo BARNETT but I do not know for certain
that he is related to them or that he is the same Shadrack(h) BARNETT.

Shadrack BARNETT and Martha Ann FIELDER were the parents of children
including James Thomas BARNETT, Born: Jan 1862 in Temple, Georgia, and he
died Aug 25, 1893, who married Alice Lucinda NICHOLS, (dau of Henry W.
NICHOLS and Martha W. KING,) and husband, James Thomas BARNETT, son of
Shadrack BARNETT and wife, Martha Ann FIELDER, in early 1800s Carrollton,
Carroll County, Georgia, (Martha Ann FIELDER was the daughter of mother:
Elenor ? and father: James A. FIELDER, born: 1814 in Georgia.)

James Thomas BARNETT and Alice Lucinda NICHOLS were parents of 4 children
born in the late 1800s in Temple, Georgia. They were Earl Marcellus,
William, Ally, and Thomas Henry Shedrick BARNETT who married Emily Ida Clyde
BUTLER who were living in Shreveport, Caddo Parish, Louisiana in June 1923
when their only child, Thomas Henry "Tommy" BARNETT, Jr. was born and then
Emily, Tom, Sr. and Tommy/Tom, Jr. moved to Austin, TX with Tom, Jr. later
living in Dallas and Fort Worth, TX and descendants of Tom, Sr.'s brother,
William, living in North Carolina and their sister, Ally Ann BARNETT marrying
V. G. JOHNSTON and living in Atlanta, Georgia but we have no information on
whatever happened to their brother, Earl Marcellus BARNETT who had earlier on
been in restaurant management business.

I have yet to find any clues as to the names of the parents of Shadrack
BARNETT or the names of any of his siblings.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Bellinda Myrick - Barnett