BARRACLOUGH-L Archives

Archiver > BARRACLOUGH > 2007-01 > 1168231312

From: "Kim Pasquill" <>
Subject: Re: [BARRACLOUGH] Edwin Feather - Haworth clockmaker
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:41:09 -0800

Hi,

To answer your question, yes Edwin Feather was a child of John Feather and
Ann Barraclough he was baptised
27th Sept 1827 at Haworth Parish Church.

Yes Ann in the 1841 census was John Barraclough & Hannah Burwin's child, she
was baptised
3rd Sept 1804 at Haworth Parish Church
These entries where extracted from Haworth Parish Register

We don't have any evidence that Edwin was in partnership with his Uncle
Thomas, but that does not mean he was not, it could have been possible. I
would imagain you would have to check the indexes at the Registry of Deeds I
would imagain if a partnership was formed and they rented,purchased or was
left the premises in a will there would have been a deed.

I have had extraced all the Barraclough entries from the Deeds Registry in
Wakefield for all Barraclough and variant's up until 1836. And there is not
a Deeds for Thomas of Haworth.
The only ones I have for this branch of Barraclough's are:
John of Haworth 1804
John of Haworth 1828
John of Haworth (Leming) 1828

All 3 Deeds refer to John Barraclough Snr. who married Hannah Burwin. These
entries can be found at:
http://kmp789.customer.netspace.net.au/deedsindex.html
They list the reference numbers if you would like to appy for copies of the
Deeds. If you do then let me know and I can put you in touch with a
professional researcher (if you don't live in Yorkshire) who did the
extractions for me. He is very professional and the most expert person I
know regarding Deeds. He will trascribe the entries for you for a very
reasonable amount.

Hope this has helped a little

Regards
Kim