BARRETT-L Archives

Archiver > BARRETT > 1999-06 > 0930751563

From: <>
Subject: Absalom Barrett/Barritt
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:06:03 EDT

Barbra,

You posted on the Barrett list:

"Hoping for any information on Absalom Barrett/Barritt b. ca. 1782 in PA, co.
unknown. Married Elizabeth ?? They lived in IN, then Mercer Co, MO, which
is where they died. Had at least one child, Absalom II, born in Jennings
Co, IN in 1828. Probably more children, possibly Ellen and Zenah/Zeniah.

Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks.

Barbra "

My paternal grandmother's maiden name was Barritt. I signed on to this list
hoping to find out more about her lineage. Her father was Frank J. Barritt
m. Mary Tanner. She was born in Ingham County, Michigan in the late 1800s
(can't remember the year right now, and I don't have my file with me).
Family stories have it that he came here from Scotland, but no one is very
sure of that. Yours is the first time I've seen this spelling on this list,
so, naturally, I have to jump on it. Do you have any info about any children
named Frank and/or about any of them going to Michigan?

Carol

This thread: