BARRINGTON-L Archives

Archiver > BARRINGTON > 2008-08 > 1219241810

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [BARRINGTON] U.S.Barrington m. Lucy Sexton-- darlington sc
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:16:50 -0000

Author: Rita_Kleindl
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.barrington/158.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My ancestor is Lewis Barrington, born 1745, Revolutionary War soldier and early settler of Albany, New York. His gr-grandson, who was my great-father, was James W. Barrington who migrated from Erie Co., New York to Lafayette Co. in southwestern Wisconsin sometime between 1844 and 1850. He eventually settled in the Dakota Territory, near Yankton in 1878. His siblings were Betsy Barrington Blanchard who went to Republic Co., KS, Charles Foote Barrington, Clay Co., NE, Samuel who was killed in the Civil War at Averysboro, SC, Niles, Lafayette Co., WI who drowned on the Mississippi, and Mary C. Barrington who married a Baker, then Samuel D. Hayes, then a Classon. I do not know anything more about her. Lewis Barrington's son, James White Barrington and wife Abigail had a son, Samuel Barrington who married Amanda Foote, and a daughter Sally who married Giles Peckham. Any connection would be through James White Barrington who was born in 1778. He had 2 step-brothers, Jacob and Lew!
is II and 2 children Samuel and Sally.

Important Note: