BARTLETT-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > BARTLETT-ROOTS > 1999-08 > 0935941110

From: Sheila Lawyer <>
Subject: Re: Bert Davis Bartlett
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 08:38:30 -0700

Jim,
Here is the information I have on John James Bartlett: Father-Epaphroditus
Timberlake Bartlett born 19 feb 1819 m 17 jun 1849 Lumberport, Harrisom,WV d 31
mar 1893---mother Eliza Elmiria Horner b 1828 d 30 jan 1855 Lumberport,
Harrison, WV John James B 22, jul 1853 Lumberport, Harrison, WV m Lavinia
Hoblitzell 19 jul 1874 Parkersburg, Wood, WV D 4 Mar 1902 Seattle, WA I do have
a copy of his death cert. Says that he was an ice merchant and died of
Pneumonia. Hope this is a help to you Have you ever gotten hold of the historian
at the "Clarksburg-harrison public library" name David R. Houchin? He is a great
sorce of information.
Regards,
Sheila

Jim Bartlett wrote:

> Sheila;
> John James BARTLETT is one of the very few BARTLETTs in WV that I can't
> place as a descendant of Thomas BARTLETT (c1730-1806). He and Lavenia were
> married in 1875 and are in the Wood Co 1880 census. Lavenia died 23 Oct
> 1884, just after her 7th child was born on 16 Oct and died on 18 Oct 1884.
> John married Mattie and they had Effa T born 1887. John and Mattie are in
> the 1900 census in Wood Co with 3 surviving children.
> If you find a death certificate for John, it may indicate his parents.
> One clue might be: Thomas to William to Thomas F to Eppa T BARTLETT b
> a1820 m 1849 Eliza E M HORNER, her father was James. They had a son James b
> 1853 before Eliza died in 1855. Eppa had 2 more wives and was in the Wood
> Co 1870 census with John. This might be the link, but I don't know about
> the Native American link.
> Please let me know if you find any other info.
>
> Jim Bartlett/Gaithersburg, MD
> surnames: ALLEN, BAKER, BARTLETT, BUTCHER, FISHER,
> FLEMING, GLAZE, GREER, MEANS, MITCHELL, MORTON, NEWLON, PLUNKETT, UNDERWOOD,
> WEHRLE, WELCH

This thread: