BATES-L Archives

Archiver > BATES > 2000-01 > 0947466210

From: David and Kathy Holland <>
Subject: [BATES-L] Re: Alexander and Kizziah
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 17:03:30 -0800

I am a descendant of John C. Bates, born abt. 1818 in Georgia, and Mary
Jane Mobley, born abt. 1825 in Georgia. Both lived in Murray Co. in the
1840s, but I do not know if they were born there. They had 4 children:

Martha Bates: b. 18 January 1840, in Murray Co., GA; d. 6 May 1909,
in Benton Co., GA
Greenberry Bates: b. 12 December 1840, in Murray Co., GA;
d. 20 November, 1923, in Mt. Pleasant, AR
Washington Bates: b. abt. 1849 in GA
George Columbus Bates: b. abt. 1856 in Georgia; d. 1940

It is possible that Berry Bates is related to John C. Bates, but I have no
further info on his generation.

David Holland

wrote:

> I'm looking for any information on Alexander B. (Berry) Bates and Kizziah
> Byram. They were married May 15, 1845 in Murray County, Georgia.
>
> This is where my family tree stops. Any information would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks for the help
> Bet

This thread: