BEALL-L Archives

Archiver > BEALL > 2002-04 > 1019584522

From: "Gene Bird" <>
Subject: [BEALL] Beall, Tannehill, Harris, others Md to Ky.
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:55:22 +0000

I have no clue where the rest of my previous message might have gone. It
must be out floating around in space somewhere. I am sure the message made
no sense unless it is all there, so let's try it again. I have never seen
the Rootsweb computer just chop off a message before.

I have been researching the Md. to Ky. Bealls and have identified several
that I would love to have some help on. I will send them over several days
to the list to see if anyone can help. Thanks.

Note number 4 below. Euphen/Uphen Beall of Thomas, m. William Tannehill. I
wonder if he might be a possible father of William Tannehill b. 1718 - bef.
1793., who married Sarah Harris, and whose daughter Rebecca married Walter
Beall of Samuel Beall and Elenor Brooke? Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Rebecca was Walter's second wife.

According to
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/9938/wga9.html#first
>From the Walter V. Beall Gedcom:
Walter's first wife was Susannah Unknown.

Nelson County, Ky. -- Will book A, page (188?)
Tannahill, Sarah (Harris) Aug. 30, 1792 - Proven Jan. 1793.
Children: daughter Rebecca, and Rebecca's daughter, Sarah Beall and her son
Samuel Beall.
Son in law Walter Beall.
Daughter, Ann Harrison and her daughter Sally Harrison.
"To friend Lydia Dorsey"
Ex: Cuthbert Harrison (Son in Law), Charles Dorsey.
Witt: Benjamin Frye, Jacob Yoder, James Latham

Descendants of Walter Beall, Sr.

1 Walter Beall, Sr.1740 - 1810Nelson Co. Ky.
+Rebecca Tannehill1751 - 1828m: January 06, 1787
2 Walter Beall, Jr.Abt. 1765 - Aft. 1813
+Nancy Ann CoxAbt. 1773 - Aft. 1813m: March 20, 1794 in Nelson County,
Kentucky
3 Walter BeallAbt. 1795 -
2 Rebecca Beall1765-1780 -
2 Samuel Tannehill BeallAbt. 1793 - 1840
+Sally Rector1799 - 1840m: Abt. 1820
2 Susannah Beall1785 -
+Edward Thomas1775-1785 - ?
2 Sarah BeallBef. 1792 - Aft. 1793

Nelson Co., Ky. - Will Book B, page 219.
Walter Beall -Will- 1802, probated Aug. 20, 1810.
Wife Rebecca, All of the estate, furniture and stock.
Son Walter, 5 shillings.
Daughter Susanah Thomas, wife of Edward Thomas, 5 shillings.
Grandson Walter Beall, son of my son Walter, 240 acres.
Mentions son Samuel who is a minor, and the children of Susannah Thomas;
Fanny, Walter and Matilda Thomas.
Ex: wife Rebecca, Cuthbert Harrison, Charles Dorsey, and Walter Harris.
Witt: Fred Grayson, Beverly Grayson, Walter Harris, Joseph Bane.

Nelson County Ky, deed book 11, page 96, JULY 6, 1814
shows Samuel T. Beall, devisee of Walter Beall, Dec'd. Bought, for 10$,
a tract of land on the North side of the Beech Fork. Samuel T. Beall sold
the land to Felix Grundy.
Witt: Thomas D. and Maria Owings. Testee: Thomas Fletcher.
Recorded Feb. 25, 1815.

Walter Beall was a very active land trader, there are many listings in
Nelson and Washington Counties of Ky. listing him as buyer or seller. He
got many thousands of acres in various military land grants.

Walter Beall was an Attorney in Nelson Co., Ky. and shows up often in Court
Documents at Qtrly court.

Source: Historic Nelson County, Its Homes and People, by Sarah B. Smith,
Copyright 1982
Page 278: BOSTON, KY
Speaks as to the protection of "Beallsborough", named after Walter Beall, on
the fork of the Rolling Fork and Beech Fork rivers. A fort, also protected
by Goodwins/Goodins Station (fort) was erected there in 1780. Colonel Isaac
COX listed as one of the trustees.

I have more notes on Walter Beall, Sr. if It might help someone.

>From a previous post of Bob Moore:
THOMAS Beall, b. Scotland, d. after 1732, Md., m. (1) ___, (2) ___, (3) ___,
(4) Elizabeth ___. Resided in Prince George's Co. Said to have m. twice in
Scotland and twice in Maryland. He is believed to be the one christened 2
Jan. 1631, St. Andrew's Parish, Fife, parents James Bell and Helen Pringle.
He may be the one who immigrated in 1679.
1. Elizabeth Beall, d. after 1769, m. by 1719 [Thomas?] Dryden/Drayden of
Prince George's Co.
2. William Beall, b. ca. 1700, d. after 1778, said to have m. 11 Feb. 1723,
Anne Arundel Co., Elizabeth Stockett, b. 21 Feb. 1706, dau. of Thomas
Stockett and Demaris Welch
3. Benjamin Beall, d. ca. 1730. No descendants.
4. Euphan/Uphen Beall, m. by 1719, William Tannehill, d. ca. 1732, Prince
George's Co., Md.
5. Ninian Beall, b. ca. 1696, d. Aug. 1780, Prince George's Co., m.
Catherine Duke, b. ca. 1704, d. 1773, dau. of James Duke (d. 1731, Calvert
Co., Md.) and Mary Dawkins.
6. Thomas Beall, m. Tabith Hilleary, dau. of Thomas Hilleary and Eleanor
Sprigg of Calvert Co., Md. Said to have moved to So. Carolina by 1756 and
Georgia by 1759.

Can anyone fill in any blanks?

Gene