BEARD-L Archives

Archiver > BEARD > 1998-02 > 0886383792

From: <>
Subject: Re: Rebecca
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 17:43:12 -0800

At 06:46 AM 1/31/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Am looking for information on Rebecca Beard d. 1782 married John Micheal
>Troutman abt. 1762, Frederick Co. Md.
>Stan

I saw your posting to the Beard mail list. I do not have any
Maryland Beards but I do have some misc. sources. I don't know if there's
anything here to help you, especially since there's no Rebecca (but there is
a Lewis) but here goes:

Marriage Licenses of Frederick County 1778-1810 by Myers:
BEARD - (no Bairds)
Catherine to AdamShott 12 Sep 1807
Margaret to John Smith 9 May 1793
William to Patty Roberts 23 Dec 1791

TROUTMAN:
Micharl to Elizabeth Shrader 30 Dec 1783
Peter to Christena Runner 8 Aug 1809
-----

Maryland Calendar of Wills 1764-67, Vol. 13 -
BEARD, John, Frederick Co., waggon maker; 26 Aug 1763/19 Feb 1764
To wife: Chlora, 1/3 of estate as long as she continues a widow or until
eld. son Nicholas Beard, comes of age.
To sons: Nicholas and John Beard, 183 ac called "Waggon Wheel"; 20 ac called
"Coat Barrens" which is to be divided bet them when eld. son Nicholas comes
of age.
Children: John, Nicholas, Michael, Catherine and Margaret Beard.
Exs: Nicholas Beard Sr., George Lambard
Wit: Wm. McClorey, Andrew Hoover, George Winter
-----
Maryland Calendar of Wills 1767-72, Vol. 14 -
WATKINS, Thomas, Anne Arundel Co.; 16 Apr 1772/11 Jun 1772
Children: Nathaniel, Elizabeth BAIRD's four daus., Liddia wife of Stephen
Johnson, Rachel, Susannah.
Mentions Benjamin Chew
Grandsons Stephen & Joseph BEARD, granddau. Mary Caddows, grandchildren of
dau. Elizabeth BEARD.
Exr: Son-in-law Vachel Sewell
-----
Maryland Calendar of Wills 1772-74, Vol. 15 -
BEARD, Thomas, Cecil Co.; 3 Jul 1772/3 Dec 1773
To son Lewis BEARD, ex., dwelling plantation consisting of 2 tracts
"Nowland" and "Martins Nest" and 1/2 of plantation in Kent Co. "Forrest,"
Negroes, wagon cart, wheat fan, furniture, colt
To son James BEARD 1/2 "Forest" and Negroes, horse, furniture
To dau Sarah Nowland
To grandson Lambert Beard
To grandau Sarah Beard

BEARD, George Adam, Baltimore Co., weaver; 7 Mar 1772/1 Feb 1774
To son Martin Beard, my loom and all gears
To wife Priscilla Beard, remainder of estate and after her death to my two
sons, John Adam Beard and Martin, each paying 7.10 (lbs) to my dau and their
sister, Catharine Edward as soon as Catharine's husband dies, paying her in
the interest in the meantime.
-----
Maryland Calendar of Wills 1774-77, Vol. 16 -
PORTER, Robert Sr., Cecil Co.; 16 Mar 1769/15 Nov 1775
To grandson James Porter (of sonJames Porter)
To son Robert Porter
To son Benjamin Porter, tract "Hassell Branch"; if he dies w/o issue to 3
daus Mary, Elizabeth and Rebecca equally
To dau Ann Briscoe
To dau Sarah Beard, wife of Lewis Beard

Maryland Calendar of Wills 1772-74, Vol. 15 -
pg 98-99 HORIEN, Tobias, Mill Creek, Frederick Co., farmer, 14 Aug
1773/30 Oct 1773 (mentions father in Germany)
Ex'r: Michael TROUTMAN
If you don't have time to do it right the first time...
when are you going to find time to do it again?

This thread: