BEARD-L Archives

Archiver > BEARD > 1998-07 > 0901031601

From: Robert Beard <>
Subject: Re: Elusive ancestors
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:33:21 -0500

Another elusive ancestor:

Waitsel (Wachsel, Watsel, ???) Beard, father (w/o benefit of clergy) of
Julius Franklin Beard, b 1856, Catawba County, NC. Julius' mother (I
think--I'm moving and my notes are packed up) was Emmaline Deal (Diehl), who
later married a Travis (Treffenstedt). Julius married Caroline "Callie"
Travis, also of Catawba County. Julius is father of Robert F. Beard Sr--I'm
the III.

Because of the circumstances of Julius' birth, no one would ever discuss
Waitsel. My grandfather gave me the name and the spelling, but had no idea
whatever happened to him. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
--
Bob Beard
Mailto: