BEARD-L Archives

Archiver > BEARD > 2003-01 > 1041550472

From: Frederick Baird <>
Subject: Re: Beard/Baird Roll Call
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:19:58 -0700

Hi Judy T.
O.K. let me see if I can help you a little.
Lets start at the beginning.
John Baird bn. 27 March 1632 bn. Liberton Midlothian Scotland md. Janet
Bannatyne.They had six children ,one was named John bn. 4 March 1666 and
md. 1st Mary Hall 1684 .They had NO issue,He then Md. Mary Bedient 1699.
He came to America as an indentured servant at age 18 on the ship
"Exchange"
arrived in Statin Island N.Y. 19 Dec. 1683.He served 4 yrs. of bondage
and
settled in Topenemus ,Monmouth N.J.He died 6 April 1755.
John and Mary Bedent had children:
Andrew b. 1700,John Jr. 1707, David 1710, William 1713, Zebulon 1720.
Andrew and Sarah locke Layton had children: Bedent(went west) ,Barzilla
md. Mary Bullman,
Obadiah,Johnathon,Samuel, John William, and Ezekiel.
Samuel md. Susanna Rogers6 Aug. 1762.
hey had children Rebecca b. Sumner Co. Tn.md. Samuel Hogg.
William,No Alexander(unless you can prove otherwise)Samuel,Bedent bn.
1775
Topenemus, Monmouth Co. N.J.Md. Polly Ray1st. and Rachel Clayton 2nd.
Polly Ray's father was Ezekiel Ray.By now Bedent had changed his name
from Bedent to Obedient and from Baird To Beard.So---this Obedient and
Bedent
son of Samuel and Sussanah Rogers is one and the same.
They had children: Samuel,Nancy, William, Ezekiel, and james.
From Smith Co. Tn. Samuel and Bedent had gone to Breckenridge ,Ky. then
on to Spencer co. Ind.
Sure hope this answers some of your long worried questions.
Fred
good folks

This thread: