BEDFORD-L Archives

Archiver > BEDFORD > 2002-10 > 1035775005

From: "Brion & Sharon Kirby" <>
Subject: [BDF] PLOMER/PLUMMER surname
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:17:15 +1000

hi folks

Another posting from me. This time I am looking for the family of John PLOMER/PLUMMER. John was born/chr. abt 1657 possibly at Ashwell, Hertford and he died in 1699 possibly at the same place. I have a book that mentions him and a brother George in it. According to the family book John was a yeoman of Ashwell and supposedly the PLOMER'S had farmed in the manor since the 15th century so this is how I have come to the conclusion that he could have been born in Ashwell. Yet to be confirmed of course. His brother George died in 1711 who never married and had no issue, however he left his neice Ann PLOMER, daughter of John, the family farm in Ashwell with land in the common field as well as land in Litlington just over the border in Cambridgeshire. From what I can gather apart from the land the PLOMER'S owned they also held a lot of goods and chattels and were very wealthy people. Certainly were middle class no less. Does anyone out there know much about the PLOMER name !
around Ashwell. I believe a house they lived in was on the Ashwell High Street. If this sounds familiar could you please e-mail. Unfortunately this is all I know about the family name.

TIA
Sharon Kirby
Rockhampton, Qld, Austl

This thread: