BELGIUM-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > BELGIUM-ROOTS > 2003-11 > 1068479262

From: "Jim-Almquist" <>
Subject: [BEL-R] Belgium > U.S. - 1848 GERIS FERRY GOEURY
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:48:26 -0700

I *think* the subject families came to the U. S. in 1848. I *think*
they were from Mussy-la-ville, Luxembourg, Belgium. They first settled in
extreme southern Ohio, near the Ohio River.
In looking through immigrant ship information on the internet, I find very
few listings for persons coming from Belgium. Would anyone have an idea of
which port of entry into the U.S. would be most probable for this period?
OR - the most likely port of embarkation?

I have ordered the Tables d├ęcennales 1802-1891 from LDS, but thought I'd
look at some incoming passenger lists while waiting for the film to arrive.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks in advance - Jim

This thread: