BELGIUM-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > BELGIUM-ROOTS > 2005-12 > 1134809005

From: "Beernaert Ivan" <>
Subject: Translation Help Please (latin)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:52:10 +0100

hi Gene,

I cannot read all of it ... therefore it is helpfull if one can read the
whole page (or pages)
in order to compare the writing of letters in different words. Every priest
has his own handwriting and his ways
and the us of abreviations.

I am sure of

cent: (not sure) m(atri)monium in vim rubri siggilli 10 iuni
p(ese)ntibus Leonardo (followed by the same name of Mathias) et Petro PSmit
??

"cent:" is strange to me, I expected "cont:" (abreviation for cont(ractus)
or cont(raceerunt)
engaged in marriage xxxx 10 iuni
present Leonardus ... and Petrus ...

greetings,