BELGIUM-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > BELGIUM-ROOTS > 2008-01 > 1199584323

From: Mary Schneider <>
Subject: Re: [BEL-R] West Flanders
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 20:52:03 -0500

Thanks Ed! What a treasure trove of information!> From: > To: > Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:53:29 -0500> Subject: [BEL-R] West Flanders> > Overcome with guilt in the process of a yearly cleanup I've come across correspondence from a few correspondents who asked about connections to members of my family such as Blomme, Vlaeminck , Degroote, Vandezande, Debruyckere, Calcoen, Dhondt, Decorte etc.> > To make up for any errors and omissions on my part,it gives me great pleasure to recommend the VVF Brugge website who in cooperation with the Provincial State Archives is in the process of putting ALL records : parish registers,civil status registers of baptisms(births )marriages and burials(deaths) on line. My gues is that although a work in progress they have accomplished three quarters of the all communities in West Flanders.> > Anyone with roots in West Flanders should certainly make this a base for their research.> Visit : www.vrijwilligersrab.be > -Click on the green vrijwilligers text on the bottom of the sheet. > - Select your language. > - Chose a category from the left side dropdown box (under PR or Civil Status you must select one of the three categories by highlighting either Parish Register of Civil Status > -On the next page choose Search and then either go by letter of the alphabet or by inserting a name to get results.> Great hunting.Ed Blomme> Researching : Blomme-Vlaeminck- De Groote-Vandezande-Calcoen> > > > -------------------------------> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008

This thread: