BELGIUM-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > BELGIUM-ROOTS > 2008-01 > 1199826261

From: Dave DeMeuse <>
Subject: [BEL-R] DEMEUSE/LECOCQ, Sart-Walhain > Kewaunee Co.
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 15:04:21 -0600

Jacques Joseph DeMeuse (b. 25 Apr 1813 Sart-Walhain, Brabant, Belgium d. 12 Sep 1880 Kewaunee County, Wisconsin) was a passenger on the David Hoadley in 1856. According to "Our Marchant Relatives", or so I've gathered, Jacques Joseph DeMeuse is listed as having both Jean Baptiste Lecocq (b. 1798) and Josephe Lecocq (b. 1799) as step parents. This doesn't seem plausible as Jean Baptiste Lecocq would be 15 and his wife 14 when Jacques was born. In addition, according to passenger records of the David Hoadley, Josepha is listed as "Lecocq (Debauche), Josepha" which would make it seem that her maiden name was Debauche and not DeMeuse, as you would expect.

What I'm most concerned with is finding Jacques Joseph DeMeuse's real mother and father's names. If anyone can shed light on any of these issues, it would be much appreciative.

Dave DeMeuse
Algoma, Kewaunee County, Wisconsin

http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008

This thread: