BELGIUM-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > BELGIUM-ROOTS > 2008-01 > 1199828175

From: Imarc Training Skramstad <>
Subject: [BEL-R] Help identifying old tin box
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:36:15 -0600

Today I noticed my Mother keeps Christmas cookies in an old tin. She is not
sure where the tin came from. Embossed on the lid is Vilvoorde, Belgique -
Belgie, Nieppe 59 France. In the Middle of the tin is a circle with the word
Delacre and a flag with the letter D. The Box is 12 inches by 8 inches and
is 4 inches deep. It is not painted, the metal surface is plain tin. My
Mother says it is old and belonged either to an Ann Serlet or a Mrs. Catlin,
both of whom would be well over 100 years old today if they were still
living. Does anyone know what the original use of this tin may have been?

Thank You,
Ellen

This thread: