BELGIUM-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > BELGIUM-ROOTS > 2008-01 > 1199933576

Subject: Re: [BEL-R] DEMEUSE/LECOCQ, Sart-Walhain > Kewaunee Co.
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 21:52:56 -0500 (EST)

Jacques Joseph Demeuse's wife, was Jeanne Masset, b in 1813 in Orbais.To
find his parents I would order the microfilms at your local FHC.
I could only find reference to Walhain-St-Paul, Brabant, but I bet it's
the right place. Let's see if someone here can confirm.
These microfilms here should help:
(Births) Geboorten 1796-1812/ (Marriages) Huwelijken 1796-1812 on
microfilm 1123407
Geboorten 1813-1860 microfilm#1114614
Huwelijken 1801-1860 Microfilm#1114615
Check this link for more:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlefilmnotes&columns=*%2C0%2C0&titleno=270819&disp=Registers+van+de+Burgerlijke+Stand++

You might also try to contact the Yahoogroup for the Brabant in Belgium.
There is a group for the Walloon and Vlaams Brabants both.
They have experts who could guide you there too.

Wish I had those films here but I don't... Sorry...
For dates prior to 1796, you will want to check the parish records.

Have fun!
Regine