BELGIUM-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > BELGIUM-ROOTS > 2008-01 > 1200905679

From: Luc Matthijs <>
Subject: [BEL-R] [Fwd: Belgian family: PROVE & DE SCHRIJVER (Gent/Lochristi19th century)]
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:54:39 +0100

@List

I did find the following mail amid the bounces and spam in my admin
mailbox. I review that box once or two times a week. Some mail isn't
mentioned on the webmail interface (that I handle daily), but still
arrives in that box, as the one below.

"Loochristy" is now spelled Lochristi and is my birth town.

DE SCHRIJVER is a well known family of "horticulteurs" in my town, with
burgomasters (20th century), municipal clerks (19th century), ... in
their ranks. My father was a municipal clerk (= gemeentesecretaris) in
the 210th century.

Unfortunately I don't have access at this moment to my genealogical
database, due to a technical problem. I didn't follow the correct
procedure to upgrade TMG. Small error but big consequences. It can be
repaired, but I need to find time to do a rollback and reinstall.

I know that some one on our list researched the same family. Can she/he
give info to Doris?

Please post the answers on this list.

@Doris

You are now subscribed. You can expect a answer from me, but probably
not before end of this week.

The emigration in 1906 you talk about could be linked to horticulture
export. Is that the case?

Greetings,

Luc Matthijs