BELGIUM-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > BELGIUM-ROOTS > 2009-02 > 1233878638

From: "Karen Dickson" <>
Subject: [BEL-R] Jacob Eggermont / Eggremont c1828-1891
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 11:03:58 +1100

I am trying to trace my great, great grandfather Jacob Eggermont /
Eggremont. Jacob lived in Port Adelaide, South Australia - the earliest
record I can find for him here is the birth registration for his son in
November 1857. Shortly after the child's birth the family anglicised their
name from Eggermont / Eggremont to Acraman. I have been unable to trace
Jacob's immigration records but I think his surname is of Flemish origin.
Jacob died 23 November 1891 and was supposedly aged 63. This would put his
year of birth at either 1827 or 1828.

I have come to a dead end with research here in Australia and I was
wondering if there are any Belgian records I could check. Of course I am
guessing that Jacob was from Belgium. Any suggestions or advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Karen

This thread: