BERKSHIRE-L ArchivesArchiver > BERKSHIRE > 2003-05 > 1054446569
From: "bridget hole" <>
Subject: [BRK] Spencer
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 06:54:00 +0100
The Manor of Elentone represented the land to the North of Maidenhead High Street - North Town. It was given to the knight Giles de Pinkney by William the Conqueror in the 11th century (Doomsday book). It passed into the mediaeval family of de Spenser in 1324 and the Pinkneys then held the adjoining manor of Pinkneys. Spencers Farm continued until about 60 years ago when Spencers housing estate was built on the site.
|[BRK] Spencer by "bridget hole" <>|