BERRY-L Archives

Archiver > BERRY > 2000-04 > 0956361719

From: "Katherine Southard" <>
Subject: Re: [BERRY-L] The name Berry
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:01:59 -0500

Stu,

I read this with a LOT of interest.... my Berry line is spelled Berrey and
the family legend is that it's origins were French.... and that the name was
orginally pronounced Ber-ray (like the little french hats). Also, the
family has been extremely diligent about the spelling of the name, almost
fanatical.... there
have been numerous cases in this line of children being disowned because
they changed the spelling to Berry.

Have you ever seen anything on a different spelling for these French Berrys?

Katherine
http://www.paradoxdesigns.com/celtic (my genealogy site)