BESSENT-L Archives

Archiver > BESSENT > 2006-01 > 1137107885

From: "Laureen Parsons" <>
Subject: Hubert Arthur Bessent
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:18:05 -0600

My Bessents are from England and would love to hear from anyone who has any connections to them.

Hubert Arthur Bessent-born 1893 in Chelsea
Charles William Bessent-born 1859 in Paddington
William James Bessent-born 1824 in Broad Clyst, Devon
Charles Bessent born 1794, died in Broad Clyst.

Hubert lived in Toronto, Ontario, Canada from 1914 until he joined the army and fought in WW1. Upon his return he had many mental problems and went missing in 1923 until he showed up in Tennessee in 1930 then was sent home to Toronto where he was not wanted then deported back to England in the spring of 1931. He remarried in Manchester in 1941 to a Phyllis Perkin and died in 1963 in Dorchester.

Anyone having any connections please let me know.
Thanks

Laureen Parsons
Kenora, Ontario

This thread: