BEST-L Archives

Archiver > BEST > 2000-09 > 0968644195

From: "David R. Wells" <>
Subject: [BEST-L] SC Archives & History Indexes
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 22:49:55 -0500

Here is another question,
Is anyone familiar with the S.C. Dept. of Archives & History Alphabetical Index, this appears to be land grant indexes I believe.
It is a copy from page 1382. It lists Benedict Best several times. Then below him is Benjamin Best, referring to a plat to Benedick Best. then again lower on the page, is John Best, referring to Bendict Best again. Are these pieces of land given to Benedict b. 1755 originially and he passed them over to possible brothers Benjamin Best b.1740 found in Darlington Co, SC and John Best who has 9 children in 1810 census in Lancaster Co SC? Is anyone familiar with these Indexes and what they mean?
Kathy Wells.

I tried to send a copy of the page with this message but the file was too big then. I will send it to anyone interested as an attachment individually which should come out correct if you print it.

Kathy & David Wells
425 Evergreen Dr., Hurst, Texas 76054

My homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/7706/kathome.html

Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Tent #1, Texas
(Past President & Registrar)
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/7706/DUV.html

Member of Mayflower Society:
http://member.aol.com:80/calebj/mayflower.html

Daughters of the American Revolution
(Past Regent & Registrar of Capt. Nathaniel Mills Chapter, Hurst, Texas)
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/7706/NatMillsDAR.html

George Wells Chapter 1812
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/8291/wells1812.html

This thread: