BEST-L Archives

Archiver > BEST > 2007-06 > 1182214924

From: Pitter <>
Subject: Re: [BEST] Best families in the 1790's, NC & SC
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:02:04 -0700 (PDT)

That is my family. We have Bessvlle here in S,E, Mo that was named after the Bess family,

I think we have quite a bit on this line and mom has stories. My grandmother on moms side was a Bess.

Pitter

bbm34 <> wrote:
The Best family that I am researching starts (in the states) on the 1790
Lincoln Co NC Census - shows as Boston Best but his name was Jerge Sebastian
Best b 1724 Germany. His son, Peter Best (Bess) was b 1755 Anson Co NC. He
can be found on the 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, and 1830 Lincoln Co NC Census.
His son, Jonathan Jefferson Best was b 1802 Lincoln Co NC and d 1858 Perry
Co MO. His daughter Frances Jane (Fanny) Best was b 1839 Perry Co MO and d
1904 Bollinger Co MO. She married John E Dalton MD. Anyone who has any
info on this family, please contact me.
Sue Stepp