BK-L Archives

Archiver > BK > 2003-11 > 1068065519

From: Otto Jorgensen <>
Subject: Re: [BK] ebd.
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:51:59 +0100

Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:51:46 EST, wrote:

>That truncating approach could be asking for trouble.
>
>As an example, do you have any idea how many states have a city named Salem
>or Springfield? In my own little database, I have five of each, and I'm sure
>there are more.
>
>Granted, it gets a little tedious when the same full-length location appears
>several times in succession, but at least there is no confusion as to what
>location we're talking about. Unless the truncation could be made to apply only
>to successive location citations within a report, and then revert back to the
>full form, my vote is to leave well enough alone.

I do not see the problem, Ibid is refering to the source/note mention
just above and if this is the same as it use ibid. If not it is the full
information, so also for location and what ever.
AN other problem is that JS have to do some programming to have this to
work perfect :=)(

--
Otto Jørgensen
http://home.online.no/~otjoerge/bk/