BLAKENEY-L Archives

Archiver > BLAKENEY > 2010-03 > 1268007955

From: ,
Subject: Re: [BLAKENEY] Blakeney's in Canada
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 00:25:55 -0000

Author: cccox81249
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.blakeney/50.57.122/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi!

Thinking that we could be connected.

I spelled my maiden name "Blakely". I can trace my line back to two brothers, David BLAKENEY and Chambers BLAKELY who were given one way tickets to Nova Scotia at the end of the Rev War here in the States. From what I learned, David went to West Jeddore via Halifax; Chambers, my direct descendant, disembarked in Halifax (same ship) and ended up in the Ships Harbour area.

I have pretty good information on Chambers' line directly down to me...not as good on his brother...although I know a little. Given that it's the same spelling (Blakeney) as David used, there's the possibility that the migration pattern is that the family arrived in Halifax, NS in 1782 from Charleston, SC, USA. These may be descendants of David's that migrated further west? Might be worth looking for that possible connection.

Would love to hear from anyone connected to either of these lines.

Debbie Blakely Cox

Important Note: