BLANCHARD-L Archives

Archiver > BLANCHARD > 2005-12 > 1134050750

From: Sherry Gould <>
Subject: Porter Blanchard, New Hampshire
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:05:50 -0500

While doing some other research I found some interesting information about
Porter Blanchard from New Hampshire. Old timers to the list may remember old
postings about him; he was a furniture maker, among other things.

He furnished drums and fifes for the militia in New Hampshire as found in
old record books in the Adjunct General Archives office in Concord, NH from
an account book dated July 20, 1835 - 1836; pg 89. There were several other
entries; I only copied this one where he furnished 78 drums at $5.00 each
for $390.00 and 78 fifes @ .75 each for $58.50

This thread: