BLANKINSHIP-L Archives

Archiver > BLANKINSHIP > 2004-08 > 1091483043

From: "Don Blankenship" <>
Subject: More Information on Joseph Blankenship of Chesterfield Co, VA
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:44:03 -0400

FROM: Joe Craig <>

Chesterfield County, Virginia Deeds 1749-56 Weisiger 975.5594

p68. Page 294 20 April 1755

John Dale of Chesterfield Co. to Thomas Robertson of same, for £ 6, 60 acres
bounded by Northcut's corner, Richard Norcut, Robert Reickman, Thomas More,
Joseph Blankinship and JOHN NUNNALLY.

Wit: Jas. Elam, Gilbert Elam, William (W) Blankinship

Recorded 2 May 1755

----

Chesterfield County, Virginia Deeds 1756-64 Weisiger 975.5594

Deed book #3, 1755-1759

p.3 page 42 1 April 1756

Robert Rickman of Chesterfield Co., to JOHN NONELY of same for £ 22, land at
head of Horsepen Branch of Skinquarter Creek, 150 acres, with plantation
where said Rickman now lives, bounded by Thomas Rickman, Thomas Bass.

Wit: Thomas Bass, Joseph Blankinship, Nath'l Tanner

Signed: Robert Rickman, Eliz'th (E) Rickman

Recorded 7 May 1756. Elizabeth, wife of Robert Rickman,r elinquished dower
right.

[SKINQUARTER COORDS: 37-23-50.8 N / 77-46-52 W]

----

Chesterfield County, Virginia Deeds 1756-64 Weisiger 975.5594

Deed book #3, 1755-1759

p.3 page 42 1 April 1756

Robert Rickman of Chesterfield Co., to JOHN NONELY of same for £22, land at
head of Horsepen Branch of Skinquarter Creek, 150 acres, with plantation
where said Rickman now lives, bounded by Thomas Rickman, Thomas Bass.

Wit: Thomas Bass, Joseph Blankinship, Nath'l Tanner

Signed: Robert Rickman, Eliz'th (E) Rickman

Recorded 7 May 1756. Elizabeth, wife of Robert Rickman,r elinquished dower
right.

[SKINQUARTER COORDS: 37-23-50.8 N / 77-46-52 W]

----

p.29 page 26 25 April 1760

JOHN NUNNALLY of Dale Parish, Chesterfield Co., from John Dale and Tomas
Robertson of same, for L 10, 63 acres adjoining RicAhrd Northcutt, Thomas
Moore, Joseph Blankinship, Henry Blankinship and JOHN NUNNALLY.

Wit: Archelaus Nunnery, Thomas Nunnery, Jane (J) Nunnally

Signed: John ( ) Daile, Thomas (+) Robinson, Elizabeth (+) Robinson

Recorded 4 July 1760

p.62 page 644 27 March 1764

Isham Belcher of Chesterfield Col, to Thomas Moore of same, for £20, 73
acres on Deep Creek, being land formerly held by Richard Balcher and
ajoining William Clay and JOHN NUNNERY.

Wit: James Elam, Joseph Blankinship, William Blankinship

Signed: Isham (+) Belcher Recorded July 1764

----

Page 63 p.220 4 Dec 1754

RICHARD BELCHER of Chesterfield Co., to Peter Blankenship of Amelia Co., for
£ 8, 100 acres bounded by Skinquarter Road, William Gates, Horsepen branch
and BELCHER's old line.

Wit: Joseph (X) Beville, Edward Tanner,

recorded Dec. Court 1754

[SKINQUARTER COORDS: 37-23-50.8 N / 77-46-52 W]

----

Page 65 p 240 7 Feb 1755

William Thompson, Gent. Of Chesterfield Co., to Peter Daniel of same, for £
8/12,

77 acres; being part of a patent to RICHARD BELCHER, bounded by south side
of Skinquarter Road, Skelton's line, Perdue's line, Gording's line and Peter
Blankenship.

Wit: Francis Flournoy, William Newby, Jacob Ashhurst

Recorded 7 Feb. 1755

[SKINQUARTER COORDS: 37-23-50.8 N / 77-46-52 W]

----

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Will of Joseph Blankenship

In the Name of god Amen. I Joseph Blankinship of the parrish of Dale in the
County of Chester feild being in perfect health and Sound Memorey and
knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die do make and ordain this
my last will and testament in manner and form as follows Viz.

ITEM My will and desire is that my loveing wife Mary Blankinship should have
the Use of the (w)hole Estate both Real and personal dureing her widowhood

ITEM I give to my son John Blankinship all my land I have in the County of
Chesterfield after the death or Marriage of my said wife Mary Blankinship to
him and his heirs for Ever

ITEM My will and desire is that all the Rest of my Estate not yet given away
should be Equally divided between the ten persons hereafter mentiond after
the death or Marrage of my said wife Mary Blankinship, Viz (John
Blankinship, Elisabeth Garland, Mary Thornton, Lucy Blankinship, Martha
Blankinship, Judy Davis, Elisabeth Davis, Sarah Snelling, Grandson Joseph
Norris and Mary Anne Adkinson to them and their heirs for Ever.

ITEM My will is that my Estate be not Appraised

ITEM I also Constitute and Appoint my friend Thomas Worsham my hole and Sole
Executor of this my last will and Testament Revoking all other wills by me
made in Testamoney wheareof I have hereunto set my hand and afixed my Seal
this 30th day of April 1782

Signed Sealed and Acknowledged before us

James Baugh Joseph X Blankinship(10)

James Furgusson his mark

Abraham Blankiship

Docket: Will of Joseph Blankinship 1787 October proved P J Baugh

----

Chesterfield County, Virginia Wills 1749-1774

Weisiger 975.5594

p.? page 159

Will of JOHN NUNNALLY 9 May 1765

To son John, 1 shilling

To son in law Elam Farmer, 1 shilling

To grandchildren Elam Farmer, Jr. and Martha Farmer, 1 shilling

To daughter Sarah Jackson, 1 shilling

To son in law Gilbert Elam, 1 shilling

To my late daughter Jane Elam, dec'd, to her child, 1 shilling

To daughter Ann Flournoy, 1 negro Cesar

To daughter Margaret Nunnally, 1 negro named Doctor

To daughter Rebecca Nunnally, 1 negro

To son Archelaus, 150 acres with plantation he lives on, land I bought of
Robert Rickman, and 1 negro

To son Jeremiah land I bought of Peter Blankinship, 100 acres, 1 negro, and
items

To son Thomas, part of land I live on, on south side of Spring Branch, also
to him negroes and items, and he is to give his brother Jeremiah L 10 when
he is of age

To wife MARGARET, use of plantation I live on for life, except part I gave
son Thomas, and all land 306 acres to said Thomas entailed him; also to wife
negroes

Executrix; wife MARGARET

Wit: John Ellis, Agnes Markham, Nath. Tanner

The land I gave Archelaus by will, he has sold to his brother in law John
Ellis. To son Jeremiah, 1 negro girl

Dated 19 Oct 1765

Wit: Nath. Tanner, Elam Farmer

p.54 page 528 20 July 1762

Peter Blankinship of Dale Parish, Chesterfield Co., to JOHN NUNNALLY of
same, for L 25, 100 acres in Dale Parish, bounded by William Gates,
Skinquarter road, Richard Belcher, Isham Belcher and Lodowick Blankinship.

Wit: Peter (+) Blankinship, MARGRET (+) NUNNERY, Jane (+) Nunnery

Signed: Peter (+) Blankinship, Ann (+) Blankinship

Recorded Aug. 1762

[SKINQUARTER COORDS: 37-23-50.8 N / 77-46-52 W]

----

September Court 1739

p5. Page 89 Sarah Jackson produced the will of William Jackson, proved by
oath of John Blankenship and William Turner, two witnesses; JOHN NUNNALLY
and John Blankenship, sec.

Colonial Wills of Henrico Co, VA pt 1 1654-1737 Weisiger 975.5459

p.116-7 page 118

Will of Richard Nunaley

To son Richard, tract where he now lives, joining John Fareley, Jr.

To son William, 10 shillings, when of age

To son Daniel, the plantation he hath cleared and builded, joining Henry
Walthall, Sr. and John Farley. Daniel shall give his brother Joseph the
plantation 3 years, rent free, and 100 lbs tobacco All my lands on north
side of the swamp

To son JOHN; and if he dies, to my grandson James Nunaley, son of Richard.
JOHN to give his brother Joseph 10 shillings.

To son Walter, all the rest of my lands; Walter to give his brother William
200 lbs of tobacco when William of age

To my wife Sarah, this plantation for life, and at her death to son Walter;
and wife to be executor

Dated 29 March 1722

Wit: John Worley, John Blankenship

Recorded July 3, 1727

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY VIRGINIA TITHABLES FOR 1762

File contributed for use in USGenWeb Archives by: Joanne May"
<>

John Blankenship 1

Joseph Gill, Joseph Gill, John Gill, Dol 4

Noel Blankenship 1

Matthew Blankenship 1

Drewry Blankenship 1

Ephraim Blankinship, David Blankinship 2

Lodowick Blankenship 1

Joseph Blankinship, Josiah Fowler 2

Daniel Gill 1

Joseph Gill, Joseph Gill, John Gill, Dol 4

Jacob Gill, Jos. Gill 2

Thos. Mann Jur. 1

Thos. Mann, Tab 2

++++

RootsWeb

WilliamsHammitt

Entries: 956 Updated: Tue Mar 11 06:47:04 2003 Contact: Bobby Williams

ID: I85293758 Name:

Joseph BLANKINSHIP

Given Name: Joseph

Surname: Blankinship

Sex: M

Birth: 1720

Death: Oct 1787 in Chesterfield, Va

Father: Ralph BLANKINSHIP b: Abt 1695 in , ,Va
Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN

Marriage 1 Mary Elizabeth ANDERSON b: 1730

Children

+++++

Joseph Blankenship-Mary-Elizabeth

Posted by: Dorothy Pagano Date: September 30, 2000 at 05:27:26

Seeking information about Joseph Blankenship, the father of Elizabeth
Blankenship who married Humphrey Garland 11 Feb 1780. Joseph's wife and
Elizabeth's mother was Mary _?__. Mary's will is in Volume 4 of Southside
Virginia Unrecorded Wills and was written 30 April 1782 with son John and 10
other children, among them Elizabeth Blankenship Garland.

Joseph Blankenship,b:1707-1807, married Mary __?_ . Elizabeth is said to
have been born before 1770, probably 1763.

Elizabeth Blankenship married Humphrey Garland 11 Feb 1780. The bestman was
mark thorton and the witness Thomas Machen.

This thread: