BLEVINS-L Archives

Archiver > BLEVINS > 2001-12 > 1009068767

From: Carolyn Wilson Dyer <>
Subject: [BLEVINS-L] Levi Blevins
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 19:52:47 -0500

Greetings,
Would like to correct the information concerning the children of Levi
Blevins. I have researched this family and have documented information,
court documents, census, tax records, birth, deaths, marriages. I also
have up to 3 or 4 generation on some of his children.
Please be advised Rachel Blevins, Daniel Blevins, Ephraim, Elisha,
were not children of of Levi Blevins.
Listed below you will find those individuals whom I have placed in the
Levi Blevins family, and can document by sources I have collected.

Children of LEVI BLEVINS and MARY are:
2. i. NATHANIEL BLEVINS, b. 1805, Virginia; d. Bef. 1840, Lawrence
County, Kentucky.
3. ii. ABAGAIL BLEVINS, b. 1807, North Carolina.
4. iii. MARGARETT "PEGGY" BLEVINS, b. 1814, Virginia; d. Bet. 1855 -
1868.
5. iv. SAMUEL J. BLEVINS, b. 1816, Virginia; d. 1851, Johnson County,
Kentucky.
6. v. JAMES BLEVINS, b. 1820, Kentucky.
7. vi. ZELPHENEY BLEVINS, b. 1822, VA; d. 1863, Johnson County,
Kentucky.
8. vii. EMARETA "EMILY" BLEVINS, b. 1826, Preston Gap, Lawrence County,
Kentucky; d. 1880, Richardson, Lawrence County, Kentucky (Price
Cemetery).
9. viii. ELLENOR "ELLEN" BLEVINS, b. 1829, Lawrence County, Kentucky.
.
NATHANIEL,BLEVINS (LEVI,, unknown, UNKNOWN1) 10,11,12 was born 1805
in Virginia, and died Before 1840 in Lawrence County, Kentucky13,14. He
married REBECCA WOOTEN BLEVINS January 31, 1824 in Floyd County,
Kentucky, daughter of SILAS WOOTEN and PHOEBE WORTH. She was born 1806
in Ohio, and died Aft. 1880.
3. ABAGAIL, BLEVINS (LEVI3, Unknown, UNKNOWN1), was born 1807 in North
Carolina. She married BENJAMIN PORTER,January ,, 1827 in Floyd County,
Kentucky, son of PATRIC PORTER and ELIZABETH PENDLETON. He was born
1809 in Virginia.

4. MARGARETT "PEGGY"4 BLEVINS (LEVI3, Unknown,, UNKNOWN1)15,15 was born
1814 in Virginia, and died Bet. 1855 - 1868. She married JAMES BAY
MOLLETT15 March 16, 1834 in Lawrence County, Kentucky, son of NATHAN
MOLLETT and THAMINSINA STAFFORD. He was born 1814 in Virginia.

5. SAMUEL J.BLEVINS (LEVI, Unknown, UNKNOWN1)
18,19,20,21,22,23,23,24,25,26 was born 1816 in Virginia, and died 1851
in Johnson County, Kentucky. He married MARY MOLLETT26 Abt. 1839 in
Lawrence County, Kentucky, daughter of ELIAS MOLLETT and SARAH GIBSON.
She was born 1820 in Virginia.
6. JAMES4 BLEVINS (LEVI, unknown, UNKNOWN1) 26,27 was born 1820 in
Kentucky. He married ELIZABETH MOLLETT March 21, 1837 in Lawrence
County, Kentucky, daughter of ELIAS MOLLETT and SARAH GIBSON. She was
born 1821 in Virginia.

James Blevins b. 1821 Kentucky son of Levi Blevins and Mary.
Married Elizabeth Mollett b. Virginia, March 21, 1837. Both were within

17 years of age at time of marriage. Other members of the Levi Blevins
family
married into the Mollett Family. James Mollett married Margret, James
sister, living
in house # 454 Johnson County, Kentucky with Ben Porter and sister Abby
next door.
James Blevins and Elizabeth living in hours # 456. House # 457 John
Mollett and sister Zelphina,
Levi and Mary in house#458. David Mollett age 39 b. Virginia and
Wife n b. NC house # 460.

7. ZELPHENEY BLEVINS (LEVI, Unknown, UNKNOWN1)31,32 was born 1822 in
VA, and died 1863 in Johnson County, Kentucky. She married JOHN B.
MOLLETT 1841 in Lawrence County, Kentucky, son of ELIAS MOLLETT and
SARAH GIBSON. He was born 1822 in Virginia.
8. EMARETA "EMILY"BLEVINS (LEVI, Unknown., UNKNOWN1)40,41 was born
1826, Lawrence County, Kentucky, and died 1880 Lawrence County,
Kentucky (Price Cemetery). She married JAMES PRICE March 05, 1843 in
Lawrence Co., KY, son of RICHARD PRICE and ELIZABETH VANHOOSE. He was
born 1822 in Floyd County, Kentucky, and died March 05, 1909 in
Kentucky.

9. ELLENOR "ELLEN" BLEVINS (LEVI, Unknown, UNKNOWN1) was born 1829 in
Lawrence County, Kentucky. She married STEPHEN WILLIAMSON February 21,
1850 in Lawrence County, Kentucky, son of ALDEN WILLIAMSON. He was born
1829.
Re: [BLEVINS-L] Elisha Blevins/Alsey Tackett