BLEVINS-L Archives

Archiver > BLEVINS > 2008-04 > 1207449509

From: Carolyn Dyer <>
Subject: Re: [BLEVINS] Blevins-Armstrong- Childers
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 22:38:29 -0400

Ron,
I do not have the information on Johns first wife Rhoda, but I have
found the following information which you may already have in your
possession.

The John Childers age 63 on the 1850 Pendleton County, Kentucky Census
was born 1787 Virginia. Pendleton County, Kentucky is a Northern
Kentucky County. I do not believe this is your John Childers.
This group matches the names you listed in your last message
1850 Knox County, Kentucky Census
There is a John Childers age 58, born 1791/92 North Carolina wife
Elizabeth age 50, born abt. 1800 North Carolina.
Children listed on Census in this home are: William M. Childers age 19
b. abt. 1831 NC., Alford Childers age 16, born abt. 1836 NC, Martha
Childers age 12, b. abt 1838 NC
Also found on the 1850 Knox County, Kentucky Census is brother to you
James Franklin, G.W. Childers, wife and family,

There is a marriage bond for James F. Childers age 54 second marriage,
born NC, father born NC, Mother born NC to Matilda Vannoy??? Age 37,
born Knox County, KY. Parent's state of birth not listed. Marriage date
May 27, 1872. Book E Page 118

Knox County, Kentucky Death Certificate for Matilda Childers age 93,
born Feb. 26, 1834 Kentucky-died August 21, 1927. Father is unknown, but
Mother listed as Susan Fox
born North Carolina. Certificate Number 18744

A Knox County, Kentucky Death Certificate for Carless Childers born Jan.
22 1876 died August 11, 1933, son of Frank Childers, born North Carolina
and Matilda June Fox born Kentucky. Carless is buried Childers
Cemetery. Certificate number 29701

On the 1850 Knox County, Kentucky Census there is a Susan Fox age 44
born NC.
Children; Lewis M. 22, b. KY., Matilda Fox age 15, b. KY., Nancy Fox
age 13, b. KY., William P. Fox age 8, b. KY.,
1860 Knox County, Kentucky Census Susan Fox age 54 b. NC. Matilda Fox
age 25 b. KY.,

1880 Knox County, Kentucky Census
James F. Childers 61, b. NC, Matilda 46, b. KY,
Children are all listed as Fox and Step-Children. George age 10, Ella
M. age 7, Carless L. age 5.
In the 1900, 1910, 1920 Knox County, Kentucky Census Matilda is a widow
living with son Carless and family.
Carolyn Wilson Dyer
Georgetown, Kentucky