BLEVINS-L Archives

Archiver > BLEVINS > 2009-07 > 1247676187

From: "Les Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [BLEVINS] Confirmed death date Looney Blevins
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:43:07 -0500

Susan,

The James Blevins you are looking for I believe is the son of William
Blevins b. ca 1801 who married Bridget Garland and Mary "Polly" Gouge.

William Blevins (4th gen.) b. abt. 1801 in Carter Co. TN. m. Bridget
Lithia "Biddy" Garland Aug. 9, 1822. She was b. 25 June 1805 and died
between 1840 and 1845. Bridget was the daughter of David and Sarah Garland.
About 1837, William, Bridget, and five children moved from near Bakersville,
Yancy Co. NC to Carter Co. TN. They lived from 1833 to 1837 in Yancy Co. NC
and lived from 1837 to 1855 in Carter Co. TN. They are shown in the Carter
Co. TN census 1840 and 1850. At the time of his death, William owned over
900 acres on Big and Little Doe in Crab Orchard, Doe River District, Carter
Co. TN.

5th Gen. Children of William and Bridget Blevins according to Owen Blevins
website are;

1.. Charles S. BLEVINS b. abt. 1821 m. Caroline Smith
2.. David BLEVINS b. abt. 1823 m. Helen Whitehead
3.. Elizabeth BLEVINS b. abt. 1825 m. John Gouge
4.. Swinfield BLEVINS b. abt. 1830 m. Nancy Carver
5.. Wesley BLEVINS b. abt. 1832 m. Mira Bowlen
6.. Wiley BLEVINS b. abt. 1838 m. Evaline Carver
Family 2: Mary "Polly" GOUGE

a.. MARRIAGE: ABT 1845
1.. James BLEVINS b. abt. 1846 m. Mary Young